Two days to tackle the living room, the main area your family is in when they’re home. (For us, this includes the school room as well; not much happens in the living room, by design. But then, our children are very young- the way they use rooms is very different from how older children would.)
You’ll need cleaning supplies and tools
- First, what is the purpose of the living room? Is there room available for those activities?
- Second, de-clutter. Take out EVERYTHING except furniture, rugs, and curtains.
- Third, clean the room thoroughly. Start at the top of the walls (since dust falls) and work down. Clean every single surface.
- Fourth, organize. Put back what belongs in the room (remember what the purpose of the room is?), box what needs to be sold or given away, or put the item in another room where it’s used.
- Fifth, step back and evaluate: do you like how the room looks? Is there something you need to add for aesthetics, or take away?
What is the main purpose of this living room? What can you do to make it a haven for EACH family member?