I think my body is trying to tell me something. I come from really healthy stock. Very, very healthy. I maybe get a cold or two every year, but currently:
- Fungal infection on my hands
- Fungal infection on my toes
- Four cavities
- Muscle tension kept my jaw shut for two weeks after getting those cavities filled
- Twisted ankle
- Depression (but that’s nothing new, in its season)
- Hay fever
- Tea tree oil for all those infections (feet, hands, and face)
- Naproxyn and heat for muscle tension
- Hiring a mother’s helper once a week so I can focus on my garden (aka my therapy)
- Starting up school again
That last thing…yes. I really am. My kids have been bickering and crazy ever since school ended in early June, and that’s when my health problems started- we need the schedule. Even if we get next to nothing done, they don’t notice that part: They just know that we have a schedule again, and that makes me a happy mom! If we start school in early July, then we have 8+ weeks of vacation time during the school year and will still finish in June. We like to do school just four days a week, so that slows us down too (and gives us an easy pace.) Today we spent the morning clearing out old workbooks, unpacking the new supplies, taking down old art projects, and making supply lists (I really, really need a bookshelf in the school room.) Ernie got her first math lesson done- I’ll work with her on the reading and writing lessons this afternoon. It’s good to be back.
So we’ll start school, life will get back to normal, we’ll spend as much time as we can with family and nature, and we’ll remember to take as much time as we want to enjoy this life we’ve chosen!
(Photos were taken during a recent family reunion in Logan Canyon, Utah.)
Filed under: Uncategorized |